Alex Hay - Other Activities
- President's Prize, Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society, 2000
- Associate Editor, Journal Of Geophysical Research (Oceans)
- Co-organizer, Structured Session on Acoustic measurements of suspended
sediments, 2nd International Conference on Underwater Acoustic
Measurements, Heraklion, Crete, 25-29 June 2007.
- Chair, External Peer Review Panel, Underwater Sensing and
Countermeasures, Defence Research and Development Canada (DRDC)
Atlantic, 18-20 June 2007.
- Appraisal Consultant, Ontario Council on Graduate Studies, MSc/PhD
program in Physics, Royal Military College of Canada, May 2006.
- Chief Scientist, Ripples DRI: Directed Research Initiative on Genesis,
Evolution and Decay of Small-Scale Seabed Morphology in Sandy
Environments, US Office of Naval Research, Coastal Geosciences
- Co-organizer, Canadian Coastal Conference 2005, Dartmouth, NS, 6-9
- Co-organiser and co-convenor, Workshop on Detection and Localization
of Marine Mammals Using Passive Acoustics, DRDC Atlantic and Dalhousie
University, Dartmouth, NS, 19-21 Nov. 2003.
- Organizer and Co-chair, Acoustical Oceanography Special Session on
Turbulence and Fine Structure, 142nd Meeting of the Acoust. Soc. Am.,
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, 3-7 Dec. 2001
- Session Chair, Acoustical Oceanography: Acoustic Measurements of
Sediment Transport. Joint 140th Meeting ASA/NOISE-CON 2000.
J. Acoust. Soc. Am., Vol. 108, no. 5, pt. 2, 35-37.
- Member, Visiting Review Committee for the Departments of Applied
Ocean Physics and Engineering and Physical Oceanography, Woods Hole
Oceanographic Institution, Arnold Gordon (Chair) 1999.
- Co-convenor, Special Session on Bedform Processes and
Patterns. AGU Spring Meeting Abstract Suppl., EOS Trans 80 (17),
pp. S193-S195, 1999.